Best-looking Saddle/Blanket back Tricolor Contest

Beagles in the show ring, beagles in agility, tracking, announcements for fun hunts or other events.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

samlyn0001

Post by samlyn0001 »

There are alot of beautiful hounds on this post. Congrats to everyone! :oops: Thought grooming consisted of brushing, LOL. They sure do look nice being trimmed up, sleek looking. I am scared to try it! :shock: hate to have a bald beagle! LOL! This guy is 27 lbs of puppy, kind of reminds me of Odie on Garfield.

Honey Pot Hounds

Post by Honey Pot Hounds »

Lyn, You should bring him down to see me sometime and I will show you some easy grooming tricks...it really does make a huge difference in their appearance. Won't hurt his hunting any either.

There is an excellent DVD out titled Show & Tell 101 on grooming Beagles produced by the field and show fellows from Sundown kennels (Donny McVay, Dave McVay & Hal Davis)....on the DVD they also discuss a stacking, gaiting & general Beagle care.

You can also learn more about grooming here (for FREE):
http://www.geocities.com/aladarbeagles/groom.html

:D
Cindy

Join the fight to keep your guns & Beagles
http://capwiz.com/naiatrust/home/
Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

show dog

Post by show dog »

The grooming is most fascinating. Be sure to take before and after pictures if you decide to groom your pup. I learned on my youngest beagle and practice on the older ones. The clippers take some getting used to but if you don't rush, use good thinning scissors to fix the hack marks from the clippers, all turns out in the end. A clean lined beagle with SHORT nails is an amazing sight. BTW, I field trialed LPH and showed my last dog at the same time. She was a dud at both but we had fun and learned a whole lot! Now she has moved on to agility after recovering from rabies vaccine reaction (2.5 years of illness).

Carolyn and the beagles two

samlyn0001

Post by samlyn0001 »

Well I just might take you up on your offer Honey. But I dont think you know what we will be getting ourselves into :nod: I think he has beagle ADHD. I think before and after pics would be great too. Right now I am getting ready to be Kentucky bound again. I will get ahold of you when I get back. Thanks for the offer ;) I appreciate all the help I can get..LOL.

Sorry to hear about your hound Show Dog. But am glad that she is recovering. Its good to hear.

Honey Pot Hounds

samlyn0001 wrote:Well I just might take you up on your offer Honey. But I dont think you know what we will be getting ourselves into :nod: I think he has beagle ADHD. I think before and after pics would be great too. Right now I am getting ready to be Kentucky bound again. I will get ahold of you when I get back. Thanks for the offer ;) I appreciate all the help I can get..LOL.
I have a pretty good idea.....you just might have to bring your own clipper blade(#10) LOL!!!!!
Cindy

Created to fight bad legislation and defend the victims of animal and environmental extremism.
WE NEED YOU!

DRamey

Post by DRamey »

Thanks to the judges and Bev for makeing these informal competitions possible. My kids love to look at everyone's hounds and I have enjoyed all of this immensely. Also congrats to my man Perkins for his 3rd place finish. By the way, judges, Lynn won't blow his own horn (at least online, live is another story) so I will. His female has it all, hunt, temperament, and anything else you would want in a hound. Best wishes to all

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike »

Are the winners posted somewhere ?
Big Mike

TC

Post by TC »

One Page Back Mike LOL
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Huntin54

Post by Huntin54 »

nice job everyone some great looking dogs

Nice job TC

TonyMontgomery

Post by TonyMontgomery »

I will second that TC what a fine looking bunch of dogs on here .In all the contest not an ugly one in the bunch .Thanks to all the Judges for being able to pick some winners it must have been a hard task. Cind Ole Shorty does not mind being second to a good looking female, he was a little upset when I first told him he had lost until I told him it was to one good looking lady,You should have saw that smile when I showed him the picture.If that female was here he would let her go first any time. He is a true gentleman ole school.

Honey Pot Hounds

TonyMontgomery wrote:If that female was here he (Ole Shorty) would let her go first any time. He is a true gentleman ole school.
Lol, thats just the ole school way to check out her butt :shock: lol! Can't fool this judge Ole Shorty ;)
Cindy

WE NEED YOU!

TC

Post by TC »

Thanks All Means A lot to us. And yes there were some very good lookin hounds on here! we are proud to be in such a bunch.
VERY NICE STACKING jobs buy all also.
CINDY Thank You For doing the judging I would not have wanted to be in your shoes.

This little Competition ment more to me than Some of the Big time shows we go to!!! Here it was just the Dogs NOT THE HANDLERS or who you were of who you hang with and such.
We work hard with our hounds and it means a lot when you are being judged by those who feel the same about thier Dogs Also
I would Also like to take this time to thank Bev for Puttin on this little todo..
THANKS BEV
TC
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

ky joe

Post by ky joe »

i agree completely tc. i had more fun doing this than most shows. and as usual i got beat but an OUTSTANDING hound. congrats again

jonathon

windy hollow

Post by windy hollow »

Am I too late ?
WINDY HOLLOW BEAGLES

Huntin54

Post by Huntin54 »

too late for what