Stud Bid

Beagles in the show ring, beagles in agility, tracking, announcements for fun hunts or other events.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Steve Preston

Stud Bid

Post by Steve Preston »

I bid twice with my name and amount.Got nuked both times. :blackeye:

Aaron Bartlett
Site Admin

Re: Stud Bid

Post by Aaron Bartlett »

The auction you bid on was for ONE stud service for either a 13" or 15" hound from Hilltop Kennels. There was already a bid for $100 and you bid $50. The object is for the bids to get higher. The lowest the next bid can be is $105.
Crane Creek Kennels

mjd

Post by mjd »

i was wondering how they were going to do this ,if we had to say which stud we were interested in , if everyone wanted same stud then the bids go up ,if the owner has several studs and several bidders wanted differant studs the bc could or could not be losing out ;) ,i for one decided not to bid because of this :eyes:

Steve Mikkelson

Post by Steve Mikkelson »

mjd,

The intent with Hilltop, Armando's and Branko's is that they are kind enough to donate ONE stud service, but the highest bidder can choose the stud. So yes, two bidders could be bidding against one another while neither want to breed to the same dog.

I don't understand how anyone would lose out. The stud dog owner is not donating a stud service for each stud dog.

The bidders have a great opportunity. Some of these dogs are not available for public stud to everyone. Some stud dog owners turn away people wanting to breed their bitch because various reasons. The highest bidder has an opportunity to breed to the stud dog he desires that the stud dog owner MAY have previously turned away.
Cut'em loose

NLPC & IFC Riley's Rolling Trails

mjd

Post by mjd »

Steve Mikkelson wrote:mjd,

The intent with Hilltop, Armando's and Branko's is that they are kind enough to donate ONE stud service, but the highest bidder can choose the stud. So yes, two bidders could be bidding against one another while neither want to breed to the same dog.

I don't understand how anyone would lose out. The stud dog owner is not donating a stud service for each stud dog.
now i know ,didnt see this posted anywhere b4 now that it was for choice of ONE :idea: