Drontal Plus wormer

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Windkist

Re: Drontal Plus wormer

Post by Windkist »

I agree with concerns when ordering from Foreign drug companies. Here is a profile of "Cipla vet" who is the manufacturer. http://www.dancewithshadows.com/hara/ci ... rofile.asp

Also, this is packaged for the USA. All the packaging and inserts are in english.

composition:
Praziquantel USP 50mg
Pyrantel Pamoate USP 144mg
Febantel 150mg

controls: Ascarids (round worms)
Hookworms
Whipworms
Tapeworms

1 tablet per 22lbs bodyweight.

I feel very confident that this is a good product.

Leah
Life's a trip
but it doesn't come with a map

tinymwoods

Post by tinymwoods »

seems very ligit. Just wanted to bring to light some concerns. That is truly a great price! Thanks for passing along the good info!
Mike Woods, Co-owner of Mtn Way Kennel
Visit me at http://www.mtnwaykennel.com
Come run with me in Saltville, Va!
Call anytime! 276-492-0852

Chuck Terry

Post by Chuck Terry »

I could be wrong but I think the "plus" on their name is a bit deceptive. I glanced at the info briefly and this appears to be generic Drontal not Drontal plus. Even if it is not "plus" it is still a good value. I used the Canine Allwormer until it became so famous that the price went up due to the demand. I am sure the same will eventually happen to this one if it is truly "plus".

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

i was wondering can i give my dogs the heartgard plus and the drontal plus wormers at the same time i used the heartgard and it is for heartworms hook worms and ascarid what about round worm whip worms tape worms
DEADEYES POACHER

oakhill

Post by oakhill »

You probably just need to get Droncit for the tapes. I beet heartguard takes care of round worms.

My vet book says heartguard plus takes care of roundworms and hooks but not whips.
OAK HILL BLUETICK BEAGLES

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

is whip worms the one that might cause blood in stool
DEADEYES POACHER

oakhill

Post by oakhill »

Most all worms will cause blood in the stool if they get bad enough except for Tapes.

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

can i give drontal plus that looks like it takes care of round hook and whip and tape but not heart worms the same time i give heartgard
DEADEYES POACHER

oakhill

Post by oakhill »

No, I wouldn't. Get you some ivometin 1% sterile solution and give 1/10 cc per 10 lbs once a month. That would take care of your heart worms.

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

ok i was tring to kill 2 birds with one stone worms drontal plus and heart worms my buddy said i cant give ivometin at same time as dewormer so thats why i was asking about the heartgaurd and drontal so i guess this is my ? how do i treet worms and heart worms affectively sring and summer at the SAME TIME
DEADEYES POACHER

oakhill

Post by oakhill »

Drontal plus will take care of ALLLLLLL worms except heartworms. Go to the farm store and pick up a bottle of 1% sterile solution of ivomectin for cattle and swine. Pull out with a 1 cc syringe 1/10 cc per 10 lbs and give once a month for heartworms. Example.... 20 lb dog gets JUST 2/10 a cc. Give orally. It is the same stuff that is in all the dog heartworm products except alot cheaper.
click below

http://www.revivalanimal.com/store/p/274-Ivomec-1-.aspx

Hillbilly Willie

Post by Hillbilly Willie »

deadeye, most people get on a schedule of the 1st or the 15th of each month. give the ivormec on 1st of each month, and worm on the 15th every 3 months with drontal+. I like to keep it on a calender so I can remember it better.

allniter

Post by allniter »

Do as OAKHILL said --Do not use ivomectin PLUS -- when I pull out 2/10 cc IVOMEC I will finish filling with grape juice or what ever you have on hand--because IVOMEC is real bitter ----I use a 3 cc syringe
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

deadeyebeagle

Post by deadeyebeagle »

thanks guys drontal on the 15th and ivomec on the 1st i seen the ivomic at tractor supply will they drink it out of a bowl when mixed or just shoot it down thare throat
DEADEYES POACHER

allniter

Post by allniter »

Don't think they will drink it out of a bowl --shoot it down their throat -to make sure thety get it all -like I said I add something sweet with it --some dogs will try to cough it back up
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM