15" male Trying to breed 13" female

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

guest13

15" male Trying to breed 13" female

Post by guest13 »

I have a 15" male that I am trying to breed to a 13" female. She will stand calm for him, which is not her typical dismeaner, she is all over everything usually. He gets on top but can't seem to hit home with it. I tried putting her on a board, lifting her, etc, with no luck. Have tried for the last two days with no luck.

Any ideas?

WV Jaz

Re: 15" male Trying to breed 13" female

Post by WV Jaz »

Does she lift her head up when he mounts? If so, it pulls her backside in from him. How many days has she been in? Sometimes it has to be the right day for the mark to be hit. Keep trying. If all else fails, you may need to help guide him in. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ky. Hunter

Re: 15" male Trying to breed 13" female

Post by Ky. Hunter »

I bred my oversized male to a 12 1/2" bitch and I built a foundation for her to stand on and had no problems but like WV Jaz said if that doesn't work you might have to guide him in. I have had to do that in the past.