PUP DIED??

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Cliff n.

PUP DIED??

Post by Cliff n. »

i have a question for anyone with info. i had a litter born early Friday morning. she had seven 2 were still born, then the rest are doing fine up to Sunday. there was one pup making moaning noise and not moving much, but eating good, then a few minutes ago she died..very strange...any ideals
thanks cliff

S.R.Patch

Re: PUP DIED??

Post by S.R.Patch »

Maybe got stepped on or injured, sometimes something just not right inside and they pass... :(

Cliff n.

Post by Cliff n. »

thanks for the reply, i was very curious. she was doing fine then all of a sudden was moaning, then next day still moaning, then she died...i know there lungs and kidneys haven't developed at that age yet..just curious hate it when it happens!!

TheLittleBlackBook

Post by TheLittleBlackBook »

Possible problems are ...

Brucellosis in the female;

"Fading Puppy Syndrome" ...

Your bitch also could have bad milk ... in which case more pups will be getting sick ... hope not though.

Of course it could also be two pups were born that didn't get to air fast enough + one weak pup.

There's a lot of things it "could" be, but only and examination plus a more detailed history will reveal what it is.

Good luck.

tiffinis

Post by tiffinis »

I just lost 4 to Fading Puppy syndrome last week. Did the pups color change at all just before she died?
Patch Addict

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

You mean like a bluish belly?

tiffinis

Post by tiffinis »

our pups that died, even their pink faces turned bluish, like they werent getting enough oxygen towards the end.
Patch Addict

Cliff n.

Post by Cliff n. »

tiffinis wrote:I just lost 4 to Fading Puppy syndrome last week. Did the pups color change at all just before she died?
No, the pup looked normal, but was moaning real bad. like it was in pain!! but was eating and gaining weight.. the others are doing real fine, knocking on wood...!
thanks for the replies and and help i was just very curious, never had one do that before..