seven dust

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

foxxy

seven dust

Post by foxxy »

does any one use seven dust on there hounds
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

green river

Re: seven dust

Post by green river »

I started using it a month or 2 ago and it seems to work good. I use the 5% powder.

Mitchell Bearfield

Post by Mitchell Bearfield »

I use the 10% seven dust in my dog's houses and it work very good for fleas and flies. It don't last a real long time I just lightly dust the hous and put very little bedding in and it last about 3 weeks.
Mitchell Bearfield

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

I used to use the 10% sevin dust and it worked well but this year I am using the cattle ear tags and they seem to be working well also so I haven't used the dust so far this year.

Mitchell Bearfield

Post by Mitchell Bearfield »

For the last 30 days I have experimented with the cattle ear tags and preventic Tick collars. Today I pulled several ticks off the dogs with ear tags and only one off the dogs with tick collars. I have been running about 3 mornings a week. I like the tags because it keeps flies off the dogs and it will kill the ticks but not before it gets to the size of 1/2 of you little finger nail. This gives me some concern of tick fever when the tick is attached for that long. The preventic Collars will kill and keep the ticks off for 3 months, and you will see when the collar looses it's strength it is time to put on a new one.
Last edited by Mitchell Bearfield on Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mitchell Bearfield

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Many used to use 5% seven, Lanelefgren told me seven is posion and they wouldn't put the stuff on a hound. I've always used the paramite dip & the spray/rollon for fly treatment of horses.

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

It is poison! Thats why it works but so is frontline, advantix and the like......It contains permetherin and that is doin a lot of the killen. We use sevin all the time. Its fantastic!
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Then use the heck out of it then, you sound like you know what your do'in. Oh, and welcome to the board... :biggrin:

Mo. Beagler 5000

Post by Mo. Beagler 5000 »

Why thank you patch! :biggrin: I do use the heck out of it....... I know its kind of scary pourin purely leathal chemicals on your best buddies but it really does work fantastic and my vet recommends it and even put it on my dogs for the first couple times to show me how much... Mostly though I only have to do it when we are running a lot.....
God isn't real, Beer is good and people are crazy, there I fixed it.

dannycrlsn

Post by dannycrlsn »

The active ingredient in Sevin is Carbyl. Carbyl at one time was the active ingredient in those inexpensive flea powders you could buy at local department stores, grocery stores, etc. They also use carbyl in poultry dusts to kill parasites on chickens. I at one time had a can of poultry dust (5% carbyl) that I used on a dog that I had with good luck on getting rid of fleas.

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

i ran last sunday after we ran used the dust havent found 1 tick on the dogs
on me i found 6
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

Matt Glomski

Post by Matt Glomski »

Copied this off their website. Use on pets is recemended.

pogomom's Full Review: Sevin-10 Bug Killer Dust
Nothing irritates me more than flea infestation. My dream of becoming a landlord turned into a taste of hell when the house I purchased for an investment turned out to be a flea-ridden monstrosity. Three steps beyond the tiled entry, I stepped onto the plush tan carpeting and knew something was wrong. Tiny insects, determined to turn my lower extremities into their buffet, clouded the view of my ankles.

Between the new looking carpet and my aerobically stretched finances, tearing out and replacing the carpeting was no option. A friendly neighbor heard my squeals of distress and came over to check on me. She hurried home to fetch relief for my itching legs and the newly animated carpet. Bactine™ soothed the skin encompassing my articulatio talocruralis and Sevin™ Dust eradicated my uninvited guests.

Ashes to Ashes… Dust to Dust…

Since my first contact with Sevin™ Dust in 1984, I live a virtually flea free existence. These days I complement the use of the insecticide with Riddex® electronic pest control modules but Sevin™ Dust is my first line of defense should my home or garden become a haven for bugs.

Formulations and Use

Carbaryl (1-napthyl N-methylcarbamate) is the active ingredient. The chemical’s trade name is Sevin. Registered in 1958 (Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) Number: 63-25-2) this carbamate is widely used in farming, animal care and around the home.

Primary producers of Sevin™ products, Union Carbide Inc. (U.S.) and Makteshim Chemical Works (foreign), offer the pesticide in various formulations. Baits, dusts, granules, liquids and soluble (wettable) powders combine Carbaryl with synthetic clays, talc and various solvents for ground, aerial and aqueous dispersions. Application rates: range from 0.53 lbs. a.i./A to 6.4 lbs. a.i./A.

Union Carbide, manufacturer of the Sevin-10® Dust we use, offers the following list of application sites:

· Citrus, pomes, stone and berry fruits
· Forage, field and vegetable crops
· Nuts, lawns, forests, ornamental plants
· Rangeland, shade trees
· Poultry and pets, indoor use

Inside, Outside, All Around the Town

Our family uses Sevin-10™ Dust on our lawn, gardens and in our home. For application indoors, we dust our carpets; allow the insecticide to work for several hours and vacuum up the dust. Pet beds and their favorite spots receive an extra dose of the product. We immediately change the vacuum cleaner bag after treatment. Repeat the treatment again in thirty days; afterwards, subsequent administration every six months should suffice.

We accomplish outside distribution in garden beds, container plantings and along walkways in the same manner as indoor application. Sprinkling a liberal amount along these areas keeps our yard free of pests.

A spreader makes lawn treatment a quick task. The manufacturer suggests treating grass and garden areas every six weeks. Treating our house and yard requires only one fifteen-pound bag of Sevin™ Dust each year.

Depending upon the point of purchase, the product usually comes packaged in five, eight, ten, fifteen, thirty or fifty pound bags. Grocery and discount stores often stock the smaller two or three pound perforated cans which make sprinkling carpets and small garden areas a breeze.

Although the manufacturer claims treating animals with Sevin™ Dust is safe; unless the circumstances necessitate immediate attention, I would try to avoid dusting my pets with this product. Casual exposure appears to have no long-term side effects.
BAOTB
WORLDPCH, GRRCH, GRPCH, LPRCH Glomskis Thunder Run J-Dell
LPRCH, FCGD Glomskis Big Time
GRPCH, HBCH Glomskis Little Skipper
LPGRRCH GLOMSKIS CRIMSON FLAME

Checkpoint Beagles

Post by Checkpoint Beagles »

I use sevn dust in their box ( a little mixed in their bedding) and have zero ticks, fleas or mites all year. It saves a ton of money on other flea and tick remedies that you would need to apply and re-apply etc... U can use frontline, bayer tree & shrub dust, cow tags and countless other things and have the headaches to go with them, or one bag of sevn dust a year and worries are gone.

I have two dogs per kennel. I change the bedding and clean the boxes every month. (I use pine shavings from Tractor Supply) I add (about the amount that would fit in a skoal can) to the new bedding. No parasite problems.

I also use golden Malrin under the kennels, No Flies!

I use Zmec gold for worms. No worms and save a ton of money.

7 way once a year for adults.

Hope this helps..

Tim
Keep the best, cull the rest. It'll improve your pack and your enjoyment..

Email: Checkpointbeagles@live.com