Didnt eat..

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mossyoak660

Didnt eat..

Post by mossyoak660 »

I went out to feed the dogs tonight and the were still about 3 cups of dog food left from the night before. I have 3 dogs in one large kennel at the moment. Seems to me that they would have eaten the rest of that food today but they didnt.We have had temps in single digits for lows and in lower twenties during the day. Could this be some of the problem? What do you guys think or am i jumping the gun to quick? :???:

Big Dog

Re: Didnt eat..

Post by Big Dog »

Get a can of chicken broth and put warm water and the chicken broth over their food, that should help. I normally just put warm water over my dogs food and they will eat and get the necessary fluids they need, Hydration is crucial in keeping dogs warm during extemely cold weather.
Black and Tans, Blue Ticks, and a few others bringing smoke

mike crabtree

Post by mike crabtree »

You may need to water them twice if the water is freezing real quick.
I use the heated water buckets, and they work well.
Wanna run Dogs? U R Invited.
276 620 1572

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

use a dog bowl. fill with food. then use warm water from the faucet. Try it. Bet the dogs will eat it right up
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

mossyoak660

Post by mossyoak660 »

Ill look in the morning before work to see if they have eat.If the havent when i get off im going to try the ideas. Ill let ya know THANKS

mossyoak660

Post by mossyoak660 »

Well i went out to feed last night and almost all the feed was still left. So i made them a batch of food and poured hot chicken broth into it. They still was more worried about me petting them than they was in eating.. They seem fine but dont understand this.

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

My dogs are kenneled in seperate kennels and from time to time one of mine will go through a spell and do just what you said yours are doing and all at once she will start eating all her food again. My buddie has been feeding his a lot of meat scraps from a local slaughter house lately and when he gives them the dry dog food it will take them a couple of days to clean it up and I have seen them do this when you feed them a lot of table scraps.

movalleyal2038

Post by movalleyal2038 »

If it were only 1 dog I would have it checked for lymes that is the first sign alot of the time.My dogs do this sometime when im being nice and feed something other than dry.Try cracking a few raw eggs in the food and stir it up.Most cant resist. Al