Dog Hernia

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Salzer mtn

Dog Hernia

Post by Salzer mtn »

I have a dog that i have noticed lately where his belly button is there is a clear looking ballon shaped sack full of clear fluid about the size of a marble. If i was to stick a pin in this and burst it would it be alright ?

beagler29431

Re: Dog Hernia

Post by beagler29431 »

No, this is not an abscess, it is a hernia. It is filled with skin tissue and possibly intestines. You should not try to burst it. You can either leave it alone (if it is not bothering the dog), or have a vet correct it surgically.

Salzer mtn

Post by Salzer mtn »

It looks more like a water blister like you get when you've been out in the sun too long.

goodpickens

Post by goodpickens »

Sounds like a belly button hernia. It is genetic according to my vet.

gun runner

Post by gun runner »

You will see that some times the bitch will chew off to much of the cord,I never heard of them hurting a dog but it is preety cheap to get removied.I have a pup right now thats has one.
LYNCH MOB KENNEL

LITAWAY'S CAPITAIN COLT COMMANDER
AWFULBAWLIN SMOKEN RED RYDER

allniter

Post by allniter »

don't stick it with a pin or anything it could be an intestine :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM