Cauliflower looking growths

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Dblsmith

Cauliflower looking growths

Post by Dblsmith »

I have two 5 month old pups in in same kennel and notice both have 2-3 cauliflower looking growth type warts on there lips . Does anyone know what these are , if there dangerous or treatments ? I never had this before in any of my dogs ! Thanks for any info

DEA

Re: Cauliflower looking growths

Post by DEA »

I have a female right now that had one on her tongue, vet said it was some kind of a bacterial infection. She could give something for it but by the time it worked it would be gone on its own. So no treatment went away in about 2 weeks just like she said. But it is contagus

Shoot Straight
DEA

allniter

Post by allniter »

just don't KISS her ---DEA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

big w beagles

Post by big w beagles »

I have a female in surgery right now for the removal of the type of wart your describing. She had it cut off in May and it returned within a month. This time the vet is going to try to go deeper and remove more of it. The problem is that it is located on her ear and they can only cut so deep. It grew to about one inch long and became thicker as time went on. I'm suppose to pick my dog up later this afternoon, maybe I will know more then.

MaineDogs

Post by MaineDogs »

how did the surgery turn out?

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

the ones in there mouth will fall off and go away in a week or so.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

big w beagles

Post by big w beagles »

Surgery went ok. The warts have not grown back yet. Hopefully they don't.
We will be in Maine next week hunting snowshoes hare.

beagler29431

Post by beagler29431 »

Here is an article about this: http://www.marvistavet.com/html/body_ca ... lomas.html

We have had FAST results by using the antibiotic "azithromycin" for 10 days. You may need a prescription from a vet, it ran about $70, but is cheaper than surgery - which in our experience they have grown back every time after surgery. With the antibiotic they were gone within 2 weeks and never came back nor did any other dog get them.

They can be very contagious to other dogs.

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

A shot of B-6 stops and removes them fast.