Help

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

z-nail

Help

Post by z-nail »

I have a 4 yr old male who has never had a health problem. Today after about 4 hrs of running he had a fit that lasted about 5 - 10 min. then he recovered but we didn't hunt any longer today. Never had this problem before. Any Ideas on what might have caused it.

allniter

Re: Help

Post by allniter »

old timers all ways said running fit ---have his sugar check
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

I used to own one that started having fits like that but they didn't last no where near that long, only a minute or so and I started carring a couple of honey buns with me when I was going to be hunting all day and about every hour or so I would break off a piece and give to him and never had any problems with fits again. I was told his sugar was getting low on him and causing the fits.

east80kennels

Post by east80kennels »

carry you some mountian dew pop and a surrenge to give it to him with. it is loaded with sugar and will get him back on track.