big squishy lump on the belly of my female

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

muskyman

big squishy lump on the belly of my female

Post by muskyman »

My 7 yr old female has a lump the size of my fist on her belly. It grew practically overnight its as big as my fist squishy and can be moved around. It doesn't seem to be giving her any pain. She has also recently been bred. Does anybody know what it is and if it will hurt her or the pups? Thanks for any information.

S.R.Patch

Re: big squishy lump on the belly of my female

Post by S.R.Patch »

That size, that quick, and if no puncture wound, Id's suspect a hernia opening.
Best to get her to the vet for repair, the pressure of growing puppies and the threat of loss of circulation and restriction to the moment through the intestine could cause life threatening conditions.
Best to get it looked at by vet. for your puppies and hounds sake... :nod:

TC

Re: big squishy lump on the belly of my female

Post by TC »

S.R.Patch wrote:That size, that quick, and if no puncture wound, Id's suspect a hernia opening.
Best to get her to the vet for repair, the pressure of growing puppies and the threat of loss of circulation and restriction to the moment through the intestine could cause life threatening conditions.
Best to get it looked at by vet. for your puppies and hounds sake... :nod:
:check: :nod: :check:
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be