Paw trouble

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bigcfromrbc

Paw trouble

Post by bigcfromrbc »

I ran my one year old three days hard in a row. Probably my mistake for doing it, but she good for me. I noticed the last day when we finished she was walking funny on her front legs. Her paws are pinksih red, and have two sore spots it seems on each one. She's acting a little better today. I've had her pinned up since Sunday evening. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to help them heal for her. She hadn't been out for about two or three months due to the crappy weather we've had so I know it was hard on her this time. Just wanting to know what I can do without having to send her to the Vet. If she doesn't act any better by Friday I plan on taking her to get checked out.

Thanks for the advice!

big w beagles

Re: Paw trouble

Post by big w beagles »

One of my dogs had sore and cut pads and I used Heal Pad medication. Just brush it on and it worked really good. Check to make sure your dog does not have a thorn or something irritating the paw.

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

big w beagles wrote:One of my dogs had sore and cut pads and I used Heal Pad medication. Just brush it on and it worked really good. Check to make sure your dog does not have a thorn or something irritating the paw.

Thanks!

Combs Beagles

Post by Combs Beagles »

Just like Big W said......you can soak her feet in Epson salt or heal pad or blue coat....all works well. But main thing is to rest her and make sure she isn't to active in the kennel.