tuff foot or pad heal?

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

art

tuff foot or pad heal?

Post by art »

whats better to use for sore pads.i have a dog that doesnt like to put his foot down but i can go all thru it and fnd nothing and he doesnt whimper or act like it hurts but will not put it down he limps.i read about tuff foot and pad heal what do you guys know?

art

Re: tuff foot or pad heal?

Post by art »

No suggestions? ?? Come on guys

Hill Top Beagles

Post by Hill Top Beagles »

I just ordered pad heal waiting for it to come in, Jason Jackson said it worked good on his beagle, been putting bag balm on in the mean time. Thought about ordering musher's secret but went with the pad heal.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I run the pups on a sand hill that's full of sand burr an thistle, they lick and are tender footed for a while but they toughen up.
Soak in epsom salt, draws the toughens.

art

Post by art »

Thx guys.ill try that i also ordered some pink ointment from alaska Its used on sled dogs..

pappaw

Post by pappaw »

an old timer told me to soak thier feet in pickel juice it works great for soft pads and injured pads heals them and tuffens them up.

art

Post by art »

thx pappaw i got them all healed up now . pad heal did the trick for me.and yes i also heard of pickle juice.

beagle-runner

Post by beagle-runner »

pine rosin,find u a good green pine,make a couple good cut's in it,(just in the first layer,)of the tree-bush. wait abit for the pine tree to bleed it's rosin out, u might want to take a large knife or scrapper and a sheet of stiff cardboard with u. the rosin is very very sticky,collect it and get ur dog's foot clean'd of dirt,sand particle's,be sure to check in between it' toe's also. take the rosin or pine sap and cover it's foot in it,rub on pad's in between toe's all over cover the foot up with the sap.this will draw all the soreness out,create a protective layer between it's pads and the ground,and this stuff is almost impossible to wash off or get it off of u if u get it on ur self. to me it has better drawing and healing properties than any salve,lotion or spray, put it on ur dog's foot take him / her hunting check it in the middle of the day and it will still b on there, try it u'll never use anything else.

J Steelman

Post by J Steelman »

I have a male that I couldn't get his pads to heal, no matter what I used pad heal, tuff foot, pickle juice I tried it ALL, it would heal up then I would run him and it would be raw again, I ended up taking him to the vet and he had bacteria and yeast in his pad, vet gave me antibiotics and a cream to put in his mouth and less than a week it healed it, been running him three to four days a week and no issues, I am not saying that all those will not work but giving you another option to think about.