Pooping to much

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BeagleLover

Pooping to much

Post by BeagleLover »

My dog, a coon hound, is pooping way to much. like 4 times a day. she is about 3 1/2 months old. i feed her a little in the morning and night. She is also staying very skinny. I wormed her (not heart worm) about 3 weeks ago. any ideas?
Thanks Heidi
When the tailgate drops the Bullsh*t stops !!!

Briarhoppers

Post by Briarhoppers »

What brand of dog food are you feeding? I'd recommend a good quality dog food and less per feeding.

BeagleLover

Post by BeagleLover »

I am mixing Purina Pro Plan puppy 30/20 and Maximum Nutrition Lamb & rice puppy formula. its working real well for my beagle.
When the tailgate drops the Bullsh*t stops !!!

Black Swamp

Re:poop

Post by Black Swamp »

I tried feed a Lamb Based feed. Had same problem try not mixing the feed. Hope this helps. Also stress can cause a dog to poop more. Also you may want to check for tape worms.
Good Luck
Cedric

Doc S

Post by Doc S »

Have a fecal checked at your local vet. There are many "other" intestinal parasites that dogs can get other than just plain old worms. Also I am kinda suspect of the "Maximum Nutrition" line of feeds as to quality. All other things being equal, food quality is single biggest factor in excess stool quantity.
Doc S
Doc S Gundogs
Scott Smith, DVM
Lisa Marie Smith
West Branch, Michigan doc_s_gundogs@yahoo.com