HELP: Staph Infection on my Pups

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Joe.R

HELP: Staph Infection on my Pups

Post by Joe.R »

Hi Everyone,

My beagle pups have dry crusty fur along their hind legs. I can feel sores or bumps underneath the fur. I received Cephalexin for the pups and want to ask if it is alright if I give this to the pups who are 2 weeks old. And if so, what is the dosage?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

deerhost

Re: HELP: Staph Infection on my Pups

Post by deerhost »

I had a whole litter of pups that had this a few years back. My vet told me they could have picked it from anywhere, the welling box, the moms coat and even the moms mouth if she has bad teeth. Anyway I was given cephlaxin suspension so it is definitely safe to use but I do not remember the dosage. It cleared up after about 3 weeks. Who are the pups out of Joe?

Joe.R

Post by Joe.R »

Yes Andre, how did you know, I send You A pm about blondie, My uncle see the video and ask me to call you if you will sell her to him.
Little Joe and the female black & tan that has blacky from andy on her ped, you told me that she will get the search late, and she did,she got the search, and jumps lots of rabbits she is nice dog.Thanks Andre.

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

Is this Joe, or Phillip? I didn't know they were out of the dog joe. I thought I was talking to joe that's what I ment.

Joe.R

Post by Joe.R »

This is Joe, I do have a male name Joe,his name is lazy daze little Joe out of FTC Green Bay DIckey Doo & ftc Litaway 2 che, littermate to captain pitcard, I was wondering how did you know My dog name Joe: Joe Romano

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

I didn't know your dog. I was calling you Joe....LOL! I sent you a PM back....Andre

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

To funny ! :lol:
TheJohnBirchSociety