parvo

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

rabbit runner97

parvo

Post by rabbit runner97 »

I got a new pup I've hat her 2 weeks this Thursday and the whole time she's been playing and this past Monday she seemed sick. She didn't eat for 2 days so Tuesday I took her to the vet and the vet tested her for parvo and it came back negative she was good and they done other types of test and all came back good and she was dehydrated. The vet said they are treating her like its parvo even though her test came back good. I told the vet she already has had 2 parvo shots. So I asked them what was the root of the cause and they said they are really unsure what caused her to get sick. I told the vet I thought it is coccidosis cause I had 2 older dogs to get it ang gave them albon and it cleared up their bloody stool. And i'm wondering if it may been coccidosis that pup got. She went from very playful to laying around and not eating. But my question is I know the vet said her parvo test was good but if a beagle does get parvo and the vet cures it does the parvo make a beagle not ever be able to use their nose anymore

S.R.Patch

Re: parvo

Post by S.R.Patch »

No, they used to say that about distemper ruining their nose because of the high fever.

I had a couple of bredemiere pups, king & queen of diamond's that survived parvo and their noses worked fine after.

Good luck with yur puppy.

jaysemien19

Post by jaysemien19 »

I had a patch pup that died on yesterday. I gave her a 7n1 shot the sunday and I noticed she was very sluggish after. I figured she would recover from it, then I noticed she had ulcers in her mouth. I gave her albon it picked her up a bit but not enough. IDK what possible caused this b/c she was in the kennel with 2 other puppies and those pups were fine.

sammiller03

Post by sammiller03 »

Had a pup with bloody stool that did not smell like parvo. Went off food and acted sluggish.turned out to be whip worms. 1 cc for every 5lbs safegaurd goat worker three days in a row and she was good as new.

Good luck
sam
Millers Old Line Kennel
Grantsville, Md.

les guynn

Post by les guynn »

I had a pup with parvo, got it taken care of, No trouble with the nose