Eye question for Doc S

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Briar Busten Beagles

Eye question for Doc S

Post by Briar Busten Beagles »

I have a real good male dog that stuck a stick in his eye 2 weeks ago. I have been putting eye antibotioc in his eye and oral antibotioc. Looks like now he will lose his eye. The stick stuck right in the middle of his eye. I am wondering what my options are? Also do you have any idea if it will effect the dogs hunting. He is a LP Champion with 3 wins toward Grand. He is also a lp show champion with 3 wins toward grand. I know he will be done on the bench. I am hoping this eye thing will not effect his running & hunting. Any help Doc S? Thanks Jim Stinnett

m_skin

Post by m_skin »

a few years back this happened to a guy that i knew.the dog ended up losing her eye and the vet sewed her eyelids together to keep stuff out of it.the dog ended up champion out.so i dont think it will keep your dog from running.