DEMODEX MANGE MITE

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

GOGETEM

DEMODEX MANGE MITE

Post by GOGETEM »

IM POST THIS TO GET HELP,WE HAVE ONLY BEEN BEAGLING FOR A FEW YEAR.WE ALWAY HAVE HOUNDS AND UNDERSTAND THAT WE ALWAY WANT TO IMPROVE OUR BREADING.DEMODEX MANGE IS CONTRACTED BY PUPPIES IN THE FIRST FEW DAYS AFTER BIRTH FROM CONTACT WITH THE MOTHER WHO IS A CARRIER.WE RECIEVED A BEAGLE PUP WITH THIS MANGE BEING DIOGNOSED AT 6 MONTH OLD. THIS MEANS SHE WOULD BE A CARRIER. WE CONTACTED THE BREEDER TO LET HIM KNOW. HIS RESPONCE WAS NOT WHAT WE EXPECTED. HE DIDNT CARE TO HELP IN ANYWAY. WE HAVE PROCEDED TO GET THE PUP FIXED AND FOUND A GOOD HOME.SHOULD WE BE WORKING TOGEHTER TO CORRECT THIS AND STOP IT BEFORE THERE ARE MORE KENNELS WITH THIS OR NOT.AND HOW DO WE GO ABOUT IT

Doc Olly

Re: DEMODEX MANGE MITE

Post by Doc Olly »

Hello,
Listen, I'm tired and in off tomorrow so I'm going to bed early but I hope this helps.
Good luck !

http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Conten ... &C=0&A=630

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

NU-STOCK, It is a sulfer based yellow paste. Comes in a 12/16 oz tube I think. I had 3 diagnosed by the vet with demodetic mange carried them home washed the in dawn dishwashing liquid and covered them in NU-STOCK. Reapeated this process 4 times, did it every third day, completely cured. That was when they where 8/10 week old pups now 8 months old with no signs of any hair or skin problems.

Rcoff

Post by Rcoff »

Biggest thing about demodectic mange is there is an immunity deficiency problem. There are several causes for this, one of which is a poor diet. Some people buy the cheapest dog food on the market and wonder why they have health problems in their dogs(diets in people as well). Most cheap dog foods main ingredient is corn or some other grain instead of meat and fido can't get out to find his own meat so he eats what is given him day after day. Not saying this is your problem, but usually a vet won't tell you this but would rather make money spaying or neutering your dog, blaming it on genetics and sometimes it may be, not always. Had a male a few years back had it bad, not local either, controlled it with diet. Boost the immune system, he can fight off the mites.
Thanks,
Bob
:loser: Coffmans Dougie Macrae at Stud (HOF Happyrun Calico Clem)
Coffmans Rabbit Ridge Hit Man (IFC Kickaz X South Woods Marley)

bunnybuster24

Post by bunnybuster24 »

Rcoff wrote:Biggest thing about demodectic mange is there is an immunity deficiency problem. There are several causes for this, one of which is a poor diet. Some people buy the cheapest dog food on the market and wonder why they have health problems in their dogs(diets in people as well). Most cheap dog foods main ingredient is corn or some other grain instead of meat and fido can't get out to find his own meat so he eats what is given him day after day. Not saying this is your problem, but usually a vet won't tell you this but would rather make money spaying or neutering your dog, blaming it on genetics and sometimes it may be, not always. Had a male a few years back had it bad, not local either, controlled it with diet. Boost the immune system, he can fight off the mites.
Thanks,
Bob
There is also lines of dogs that are notorious for it. I have been dealing with it off and on with one line for a few years. Instead of treating a GENETIC defect it is best IMO to kill the line off. You are right though proper diet is the key if you decide to keep it.
IFC Tysons Picking Banjo (RIP)
IFC Beavercreeks Manifest Destiny
IFC Blackies T Cricket
GRHBCH XDawg Lucky
FCLP Red Pines Sara Palin
LPRCH HBCH Crankin Katie
HBCH Loose Change WV Road Rage

GOGETEM

Post by GOGETEM »

THANK YOU FOR RESPONCE FELLOW BEAGLERS.WE WILL TAKE ALL INFO AND USE IT TO LEARN. ADDED NOTE ON THE DIET WE FEED PURINA PRO PLAN AND PUPPY.WE WERE TOLD THE THIS MANGE WOULD REACCURE WHEN THE STRESS LEVEL IS HIGH THAT CANT BE GOOD FOR OUR BREED.AS STATED IN FIRST BLOG WE HAVE FIX THE PUP AND FOUND A HOME FOR HER. I GUESS OUR THOUGHT IS, IF THIS PROBLEM IS DISCLOSED BY BREEDER WE WOULD HAVE NOT PURCHASED HER.AS IN ANY LIFE LESSON WE WILL MOVE ON WITH THIS IN MIND. HOPE YOU DO TO. IF ANY OTHER BEEGLERS HAVE ANY MORE THOUGHTS PLEASE LET US KNOW.

Bigboy kennel

Post by Bigboy kennel »

What's the dosage for ivermetin
Phil Walls Jr