dog as gone loose

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

island hare chas'r

dog as gone loose

Post by island hare chas'r »

HAVE HAD A 4 YEAR OLD MALE GONE LOOSE, HAS DEHYDRATED AND HAVE TAKEN TO THE VET TWICE. STILL LOOSE AND SEEM TO BE EXPERIMENTING WITH PILLS, ANY IDEAS. HE EATS GOOD, ACTS GOOD, CANT GET ANY WEIGHT BACK ON HIM AND IS NOT DRINKING AS MUCH AS HE HAD BEEN, ALSO HAS BEEN EATING HIS OWN WASTE.

Rcoff

Re: dog as gone loose

Post by Rcoff »

Give him about 3 cc's of pedialite morning and night for electrolytes. I had a female with loose stool, a guy told me to give her a can of green beens. Seemed foolish to me but next day she had firm stool.
Thanks,
Bob
:loser: Coffmans Dougie Macrae at Stud (HOF Happyrun Calico Clem)
Coffmans Rabbit Ridge Hit Man (IFC Kickaz X South Woods Marley)

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

I had one I couldnt keep weight on with dry food. I switched him to raw (basically the fattiest ground beef you can get your hands on) and he firmed up and I could see him getting fat within a week.
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

Mike Gibeaut

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

If there is blood in loose stool or looks like mucus it could be Giardia never heard of it until recently had a female the same as you described took her to vet and that is what vet told me treated her doing fine after treatment
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

Latch44

Post by Latch44 »

I have used Diatomaceous Earth. You can pick it up at the feed store.