Coccidia , one time dose.

This forum is for those seeking medical advice or general beagle health information. Everyone is welcome to respond, but if you are a licensed veterinarian or other animal health professional, feel free to share your credentials!

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

dave404

Coccidia , one time dose.

Post by dave404 »

SNOWDOGS1

Re: Coccidia , one time dose.

Post by SNOWDOGS1 »

Good info. This medication sounds very good with no side effects. I would suggest everyone who owns dogs should educate themselves on all parasites and treatments for them. (Could save you a bunch on vet bills) This particular one is pretty nasty, had to deal with it once before. JMHO

island ridge hounds

Post by island ridge hounds »

what kinda dosage would you use on beagles?
let honesty run through the veins of each and every judge at each and every trial at each and
every format.

SNOWDOGS1

Post by SNOWDOGS1 »

If you go to the link he has on his post, there is a pretty good write up on the product. I believe it said .2ml per lb which would be 2ml per every 10lbs or 5ml for a 25lb beagle. That is what they used in one of their studies and they claim it was effective and safe. I would suggest you read it yourself to make sure that is correct, don't want to give you incorrect information.

OKIEDOG

Post by OKIEDOG »

Snowdogs: I actually went to the website then did some further reading. It does appear to be a great preventive for coccidia. The Toltrazuril, after reading information on BayCox is primarily used to prevent coccidia, but, if it develops anyway, then it's something you give one time for two weeks (one dose on week 1, one dose on week 2), but it is highly recommended to treat at 4 weeks of age and 5 weeks of age to prevent the development of coccidia.

I have to say, I don't understand why the USA won't allow the sale of Baycox, but, it does sound promising and it sounds like side effects are minimal at best. There is some conflicting information and I'm trying to find out more about it. It was a great post and good read!

Mike Franklin
OKIE DOG SUPPLY
www.OKIEDOGSUPPLY.com

dave404

Post by dave404 »

Guys , I have used it on pups with great success. also 3 older females that had really loose stools. in 3 days they were pooping solid. good stuff

windyridge

Post by windyridge »

what are the common signs of coccidia in dogs over 1yr old? Can it be passed from dog to dog or other livestock like sheep to dog?

OKIEDOG

Post by OKIEDOG »

Dave and everyone...

Toltrazuril has been tried by some friends and they've reported very good results. Please note: this is a PREVENTATIVE...not a cure. If the pup/dog exhibits symptoms of coccidia/giardia, the medication will not work. The medication is intended to prevent and/or lessen the onset of coccidia.

Thanks,
Mike Franklin
OKIE DOG SUPPLY

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe »

Mike;

Do you carry this Bay Cox? If Not whee can I GET SOME IT ?

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>>
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia