Night running

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mdc1121

Night running

Post by Mdc1121 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:32 am

I have a 10 mo old bitch that will not run at night as soon as it gets dark she will come find me and won't leave don't matter if my other dogs are running or not

Shady Grove Beagles

Re: Night running

Post by Shady Grove Beagles » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:37 am

Don't know what to tell you about that.I've run at night for 50 years and never has that problem with a hound.
Just be glad she's not a coon hound ! LOL.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:38 pm

You Got that Right, D.R. Say that "Spit" pup is one heck of a Joy for me, never seen the likes of that Pup, he never meet a stranger.
Thanks again for the little fellow, and the way he is going will be running some Ga. Cotton tails and Swamper this up coming season.

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :check:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:44 pm

Hey Daddy Rabbit
Glad you are happy with Spit and that he's a right acting pup.
Can honestly say I've never raised a shy acting pup. First off I'd say that shyness is most often an inherited trait and I don't have that in my dogs and never would breed to a male that exhibits that or comes from dogs that have exhibited it.No matter how good a rabbit dog they are !
The other contributing factor is environment. Do the pups get socialized ? My pups always get paid a lot of attention to.My grand kids come down to the kennel frequently and spend hours with them and I spend time with them every day that they are here.They get handled,they hang out in the dog lot with the grown dogs,they're used to me banging feed pans around and hosing out the kennel runs.
I'm a firm believer in giving pups exposure to as many life experiences as possible. Makes a difference.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Aubrey Holcombe

Post by Aubrey Holcombe » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:23 am

Dana:

U got that right.

Folks ask me when do I start training my Pups? The day they are born, I start to picking them up and handling them,, they know before their Eyes, are open.

That little blue tick, has a home here at Rabbit Town. USA! Can't wait to he gets a few more weeks behind him,, he is already starting to keep Nose to the ground. He Moves like he an Ice Skater all over the place, and might Quick !! Has a big loud mouth for a 3.5 month old Pup.

D.R.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>> :check:
ARHA Hall Of Fame, own "The Daddy Rabbit Kennels", Royston, Georgia