confusing female

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

windyridge

confusing female

Post by windyridge »

I have a 14 month old female that will hunt and solo the fire out of a rabbit. She will pack with dogs she is kenneled with. Problem is when you put a strange dog in the pack she will not participate ,even if a kennel mate is in the pack. I have seen her not go with a strange dog then drive her to another spot and solo her or run her with a dog she is kenneled with and she does great. Not a shy dog at all. Do you think she will come out of this?

BCBeagles

Re: confusing female

Post by BCBeagles »

I have had a few do this....how we attempted to fix it was adding in a few new dogs in an area they are really comfortable with.....a place you run alot. Where the young hound is comfortable and really in "the zone" so to speak.

I have seen many a young hound...when traveled about...act different. I call it apprehension...we have had success in fixing this...most of the time it works out...but there are always exceptions.

Good luck and good running!