New to Philly Suburbs, New Beagle Owner

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BSA

New to Philly Suburbs, New Beagle Owner

Post by BSA »

My wife and I recently relocated from TX to Doylestown, PA with our now 10 month old, 13" Beagle, Newt. We would like to find an outlet for his high energy and a fun hobby for the two of us. We would sincerely appreciate any help finding an individual, a class or a club which we may join that will work with us, helping us train Newt to hunt and also to realize his full potential as a beagle versus just a crate warmer during the day and a bugling, bouncing off the furniture, little speed demon in the evening. :)

We have been working with Newt with basic training (sit, stay, come, down, drop it!) since we have had him. He is very intelligent and eager to please yet is also in the adolescent stage of his life where he insists on testing everything we command. He is the favorite patient at his Vet, customer at Pet's Mart and guest at his boarding. If you get the impression that he is a little spoiled, you are correct.

ant

Post by ant »

bsa welcome to the north-east.....
there are a few clubs in your area and in n.j.
i will find them and get back to you.
anthony
cgmlawns@yahoo.com