pup is scared of everything

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

apexpredator

Pups

Post by apexpredator »

I have a 5 year old dog that was the same way as you are talking about fear, he is truely a one owner dog I bought him as a puppy and the day I picked him up he was skidish about being around anyone and still the same way after all years here and I am the only person he will come to. but once he started hunting he turned out to be a RABBIT dog and the tuffest dog I have ever had and still to this day proably the best dog I have ever owned really strange dog in the kennel you think some has did something to him but put him in the dog box and he is 100% different dog. I have breed him twice to two different females and he can not reproduce nothing like him.I had a old female that would carry a legg like she was lame in it when a rabbit was jumped and running but walk on it 90% of the time I think it all goes back to maybe being some chemical in the brain causing these thing we see in dogs Oh yeah ARK thanks again for the pups I got from you they are some really great looking little guys and I think it is some excellent breeding.

Keith