Which E Collar

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

joshua

Which E Collar

Post by joshua »

I am looking to get a collar for 2 dogs but may get another dog . Also will use on my Lab. Which collar do you guys recomend?

green river

Re: Which E Collar

Post by green river »

Tri-Tronics 70 g2 exp. Or the TT Trashbreaker. Especially if you might get another dog.

DIXIEDOG

Post by DIXIEDOG »

Another vote for the Tritronics EXP models, it is far cheaper in the long run to get a system expandable up to 6 dogs than to buy a 2 dog now and have to replace it next year because you need a 3 dog. With beagles it's not if you'll get another one it's when :biggrin:

coolbrze

Post by coolbrze »

I run a 6 dog Tri-Tronics Trashbreaker G2 EXP and love it. I used to use it on our labs but have since cut the collars down so they fit my beagles better.
Playboy Kennels - Got rabbit? ~ (703) 989-4079 ~ PlayboyKennels@gmail.com

Home of FC OTIS' BIG JOHN

Past home of FC DEATON'S BO & FC DEVIL'S HOLE HONEY BEE

Hillbilly Willie

Post by Hillbilly Willie »

I got a Tri-Tronics sport g-3 for christmas, it is expandable to 3 dogs, The price was about 259.00, came with 1 reciever, and 2 other coller's. I'm still looking for the best price on adding new reciever's, but they are about 130.00 ea. I liked the unit because it's small enough to fit in your shirt pocket, but still packs a wallop, when you need it.
Good luck,
Bill

Va-Beagles

Post by Va-Beagles »

I use the TriTronics 6 dog collar, A great set up esspecially if you plan on adding dogs and very effective. Small transmitter so it's easy to carry. But give a punch if you need it. The best investment I ever made. Danny