coming in the field

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mikes

coming in the field

Post by mikes »

Yestreday I took my 2 Beagles out rabbit hunting we were out about 3 hours and it was time to go called for them to come to me and my older one came right back but the younger one would come close then run off so i ended up having to run after her to get her back. They were not chasing a rabbit at the time. She is trained in the yard with treats and I use a whisle and in the yard she will come back evertyime. I do own a tri tronics e collar what do you suggest that I do. Due to the weather here in Buffalo it has been a few weeks since I have run them.

green river

Re: coming in the field

Post by green river »

How old is the young one? Has the young dog been trained on the shock collar? If the young dog knows what the shock collar is all about, I wouldn't be chasing it. I'd be using my collar. Be careful though because you can overuse the collar and do more harm than good.