Tone Device on electronic collar

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mikes

Tone Device on electronic collar

Post by mikes »

I have a Tri Tronics electric collar and I want to teach my Beagle to come to me using the tone what is the best way to go about this. Someone told me to use a long check cord and call her if she does not come hit the tone & give her a nick and she will come in. is this true also I am afraid that she will react like dumping scalding water on her is this true thanks for the reply

mtneerbp

Re: Tone Device on electronic collar

Post by mtneerbp »

just put collar on them and when running when you call them just hit the tone as you call them they will learn to come to the tone thats the way I did it doesnt take long for them to learn and if dont come when calling hit tone and then just a light shock they will learn trust me they will be coming running when you hit the tone button after a while that is if you run them a few times a week and if not its our fault they dont handle not theirs
BOB POST
MTNEER KENNELS
NORTH CENTRAL WV

BY HIS BLOOD I AM FORGIVEN

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

i have 4 dogs 3 of them are under 2 y/o they all are collar broke all i ever use is the tone button when im ready to leave just start toneing them when ya call them every time ya call use the tone button n if they dont come like was said above just turn your shock on to number 1 to start with the if they dont come hit the tone n go to number 2 you shouldnt have to go no higher then when ya use the shock button use it lightly just touch it n let off mught have to do it a time or two but the dogs will learn real quick mine knows ifg they dont come in when i tone them the shock is next when they do come in love on them n praise them all ya can just takesa lil time but it will work jb
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

I do the same as was mentioned by both post above and I also train mine to a whistle the same way. When our hunt is over for the day and my buddies are shouting for their dogs I will hit the tone and maybe blow the whistle a couple of times and head for the truck and they will be right there with me while others are still trying to get theirs in. I start using the whistle and tone on my pups right after weaning and I give them a treat when they come and it doesn't take long for them to learn.

SwampBuck

Post by SwampBuck »

I trained my female quite quickly. Whenever I called to her I hit the tone. She picked up quick.