Starting Pen for use near Central Virginia

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Va-Beagles

Starting Pen for use near Central Virginia

Post by Va-Beagles »

Hi follow Beaglers, At the present time I am starting and running my older dogs in the wild. But I was wondering if anyone knew of any starting or running pens anywhere near Central Virginia. It would make it alot nicer for me plus I would not wear out my hunting grounds running my dogs before the season came in. Any help would be appreciated even if I had to travel some distance to get to them. Thanks, Danny

crebralfix

Re: Starting Pen for use near Central Virginia

Post by crebralfix »

I'm looking too. I'm trying to get in touch with some of them as we speak. I'll post the results here.

crebralfix

Post by crebralfix »

http://www.poolesfoxpen.com/

This place is 1 hour outside Richmond, VA.

Facilities:
http://www.poolesfoxpen.com/facilities.htm

Apparently, you can rent a pen!

Hillbilly Willie

Post by Hillbilly Willie »

There is a guy in Sutherland, Va. that has a nice starting pen. He charges 100.00 for a month including food. He has some of the best gun dog beagles in the area and will do it right, If you want his phone number I will try to find it. Sutherland is about 10 mi. south of Petersburg off of Us 460 toward Blackstone.
Hope this helps,
Bill

crebralfix

Post by crebralfix »

Hillbilly Willie wrote:There is a guy in Sutherland, Va. that has a nice starting pen. He charges 100.00 for a month including food. He has some of the best gun dog beagles in the area and will do it right, If you want his phone number I will try to find it. Sutherland is about 10 mi. south of Petersburg off of Us 460 toward Blackstone.
Hope this helps,
Bill
That would be great...does he have a website too?

Hillbilly Willie

Post by Hillbilly Willie »

Not that I know of, I think it is just word of mouth. I should see him soon but I have been busy with baseball. I should see him at the all stars tourney next weekend. If not he only lives a few miles away and I could get his number if any are interested. Let me know.

Bill

Mike B

Post by Mike B »

You can try Robert Leonard, he live in Bowling Green, VA. He have a 15 and 30 acre pen.
(804) 633-5029