to neuter or not to neuter

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

JesandDeb

to neuter or not to neuter

Post by JesandDeb »

:hi: First let me tell you a bit about us.....beagle lovers at heart. Owned three at one time plus a basset. The 2 beagles gave us three litters through their years and we kept only one of all those pretty pups. Have been without beagles for 6 years or so....well, until Thursday :D . We now have a beauty of a 9 week old male, :angel: "Luke" :kiss: .I have been a pet groomer for 15 years and work at a local vet's office and my hubby is a carpenter. Now....they told me at my work the other day during "Luke's" exam that he has dropped already and if I was going to neuter. My husband doesn't like the idea as he feels he may loose interest in things....one being rabbit. I sure would like some ideas anyone may have to offer on this.--------Debby

JesandDeb

Re: to neuter or not to neuter

Post by JesandDeb »

WHAT :annoyed: ....no answer or views on this?....Not even a welcome from the beagle lovers of the forum? :roll: . Shoot, my motorcycle forum is more friendly than that ;) . Was it a dumb question? :bomb: ....Debby

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Grettings Debby,
We've neutered a few but it was after a year old and for some fault we didn't want bred on to future hounds.
A buddy of mine got 2 males that the bites were not right on and I let him have them after they were neutered. He paid for the neutering and they were his. If being neutered hurt them in any way, they never showed it as to running a rabbit.
The only thing I've seen affected by unsexing is, a hound is liable to put on weight more so than if left intact. Oh, and our bull never fights the steers... ;)

ps...WELCOME, WELcome, Welcome... :lol:

JesandDeb

Post by JesandDeb »

Thank you , and sorry about the forum etiquette thing....guess my mother taught me to always say hi and smile ;) . On the neutering ...I think some of my husbands views on this comes from his own fears of this :lol: . I'll post some pics of the new pup soon as we get our photo program working...our 11 year old daughter has messed it up somehow. Have a wonderful day.......Debby

WV Jaz

Post by WV Jaz »

Welcome Debby! It's nice to have another female beagler on the board :D :D Sue

JesandDeb

Post by JesandDeb »

WV Jaz wrote:Welcome Debby! It's nice to have another female beagler on the board :D :D Sue
Thank you :) ....right now the the pup sounds like he's on a rabbit in the middle of my living room, but he's actually just chasing my 11 year old daughter :lol: .....she gets him worked up. I'm glad he's cute and smells so good.....or he could be in big trouble ;) .