sport dog training collar

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

danb

sport dog training collar

Post by danb »

thinking about buying new collars,anybody know anything about the sport dog sd-3200?? thanks,danny

chanks

Re: sport dog training collar

Post by chanks »

I am about to buy this collar also. How is it working out for you?
Home of:
Scroghams-Little Star http://espomagazine.com/pedigrees/12979.htm
Hanks's Joie de Vivre

Freeman Beagles

Post by Freeman Beagles »

Get a TriTronics because it has a tone. My son had a Sport Dog. He sold it and got a TriTronics because he liked the tone that was on mine. With the tone you aren't shocking your dog all the time. I know the TriTronics is more expensive but they are worth the extra. If you hunt where there is a lot of brush, get the Trashbreaker because it will get out a lot farther.
I also have a one mile and in thick brush it will only get out about 400 yards. I haven't had this with the Trashbreaker.

hookset

Post by hookset »

I just sold my Sportdog 3200 and Sportdog 2500. The 2500 was junk. Not junk, really junk. The 3200 was o.k. I liked the transmitter size because I could fit it in my pocket, but the range was more like 1/3 mile, 1/2 at best. And Dad is right, having a tone button is well worth the extra dollars.

The other reason I sold the Sportdog units was their customer service was quite possibly worse than the IRS and DMV combined. You can call all you want,they won't answer. After about 20 e-mails, if you wait about a month they will send you a smart-alec e-mail in reply about how stupid you are to be having a problem with their unit. Then they will tell you tough crap, good luck getting it fixed. I was SHOCKED at how horrible I was treated. I was outraged and I'm a very even tempered person, not a lot gets to me.

I was planning on selling one unit to get a Tri-Tronics, after dealing with them, I sold both and would not own a Sportdog sticker, hat, etc.

If you can get a good deal on a used 3200, it may be worth a try. If you're buying new, go Tri-tronics, you won't be sorry.