beagle pups barking in kennel

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sbadger

beagle pups barking in kennel

Post by sbadger »

beagles barking in kennel use shocker collars work till I took them off in summer time sprade them with the holes how to stop the barking
Kettle Creek Kennel in Memory of Paige Nicole Badger 11/27/93 to 11/7/10

rabbit_hunter10

Re: beagle pups barking in kennel

Post by rabbit_hunter10 »

I had the same thing wrong with my pup until I muzzled him every night

jar242

Post by jar242 »

Cold cup of water works, you might have to make a few trips but they get the point. I have a 5 month old pup, he was barking all of the time, as long as I let him out and play with him and do some training, he seems to not bark as much and as he is getting older, he is growing out of it, probably because he notices my other two don't bark for no reason.

windy hollow

Post by windy hollow »

There are products out there on the market the sonic Bark preventer is one but I recommend the one that you plug in because the other one that takes batteries dont work as well. The Idea of using an E-Collar should not be used as it would probably work, but it is not recommended to have the collar on more than 10 hours a day because of causing dammage to the dogs neck. :(
WINDY HOLLOW BEAGLES

hogbody

Post by hogbody »

I had the same problem with two littermates (females) Got two inexpensive bark colars at Walmart $39.00 each. They work real well
I live back in the woods you see, my woman and the kids and the dogs and me.

sbadger

Post by sbadger »

all three pups are coming back from starting pen in a week may have to get them collars at walmart

paducahky1

Post by paducahky1 »

water hose works for me !
never met a horse that couldnt be rode or a man that couldnt be throwd

windy hollow

Post by windy hollow »

paducahky1 wrote:water hose works for me !
That would be a hard thing to do in freezing windy environments.
WINDY HOLLOW BEAGLES

sbadger

Post by sbadger »

I thing I will get some barker collars that way when I am gone it would do the job for me people like to complain I got in to a heated argument on the phone with a gentle man we had a full moon last week end got a new dog he did bark I put the shock collar on him at 11:00 p.m. took care of it I was up at 2:00 p.m.standing out side all the dog and coyotes were going of but not my dogs he call and said my dogs bark all night I ask him if he called all of the people around us cause there dogs were bark all night and mine not well it got a little heat last words were don t call my house again about my dogs you sob ,they call back a half hr and said they were sorry they said they know I keep my dogs up and take good care of them and we do not live in the city outside and all there is ,is a lesh law they are not thinking of all the people stilling gas and braking in to your house the dogs let you know and we have had a lot of it

RunninHard

Post by RunninHard »

I use a flash light, shine it in their eyes and tell them no, takes a few times but works, dont have to leave the house, My kennels are close to my deck off the back of the house