Almost 5 Yr Old "New To Me" Beagle..I NEED Help! PLEASE!

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Northtown Sno Jet

Almost 5 Yr Old "New To Me" Beagle..I NEED Help! PLEASE!

Post by Northtown Sno Jet »

I bought a GREAT dog from my uncle. I wasn't givin much information on the Beagle. Except that he's been in many trials, and is a superb hunter. I got his ACK Reg. Paper, nothing else. Information was a little hard to obtain from my Uncle, <I think he didn't want to give me the dog>. Anyways, today I tried to let him out the back door, and my Fience had a bettery charger on in the driveway. Only the cord was near the dog. He cowered, and began to yelp, wine and shake uncontrollably. I brought him back in the house and tried to take him out the front door, as I didn't know what happened until we got out the front door. He saw the battery charger and did the same thing, but 100 times worse. It's been over an hour and he still has not quit shaking. I am pleading here for someone, anyone to help me out here. What could have happened to my dog???? :( My Fience told me that he read over on another Forum, about "Old School Training" and how they used cattle prods or battery chargers and metal rods to train the dogs. I know in my heart that this could not have been done to train him. Some of you, as I've read on here over the months, know "FC NorthTown Frosty", he's the Sire to my dog, NorthTown Sno Jet. His owner, Allen Hendrickson, was and is very respected, from what I read and hear. I am asking for ANY help here! I am at a loss for what could have happened to make him react like that. I just don't know what to do.

Oh, and is there a trick or something for keeping his ears clean? I clean them twice a week, and they smell awful!