Broke dog gone Bad

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

ChestnutRidgeKennels

Broke dog gone Bad

Post by ChestnutRidgeKennels »

Have a 5 year old Indian Hills male. Probally best all around dog I've ever owned. Got him from RB when he was young. Long story short he was naturally trash proof seen him turn deer down several times. Never run a e-collar on him. Last 2 times out he hit a deer. First time I thought the race went a little far but because he was running thought it had to be a rabbit. Took him today he left the country had to use my tracker to round him up. He was still running when I caught him.Anyone had this happen? what causes it? Is it something an e- collar should fix? Really discusted.
Chestnut Ridge Kennels
Travis Branstetter

cpuckett

Re: Broke dog gone Bad

Post by cpuckett »

i dont think the e-coller can hurt deffinitly better then runnin them down,i would think that if he was straight all those years then it wont take much to line him back out,just dont bump him when shocking him this is the mistake alot of people make,turn it up as high as your transmitter will go and put the fear of god in him .i keep shockin till the dog is at my feet useally sceared plum out of there skin,i dont pat them or anything just simply get them back huntin for a rabbit,i wont leave till i have a rabbit race,even if i have to jump it my self after gettin shocked like that they ant to eger to go huntin.
Puckett's Ridge Squallin Kennel