Pups Crapping in dog house??????

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Pups Crapping in dog house??????

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

Know i have raised several litters and have been able to solve this problem up to now, but all my pups that are in separate pen keep crapping in there dogs houses.

Now i have moved them around from pen to pen,pen them together, put there food bowls in there dog houses, u name it i have done it, so i'm up for some new ideas cause this is driving me up the wall, along with working me to death.

These pups are 10 wks old and have great kennel manners, great to be around,sharp as a tack, no other problems other than this???????

Thanks
Donnie
Donnie Gibson/Gibson Plateau Kennel
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

Tundra Beagle

Re: Pups Crapping in dog house??????

Post by Tundra Beagle »

Make the house only big enought to sleep in by sectioning it off and it will usually cure it. Has worked for me.
Joys in life brought to you by Family, Friends and Visa.

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

there houses are 12"x12" already getting to small for them, still not working????

Thanks
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

just for fun beagler

Post by just for fun beagler »

i have on that was doing the same, i took the house/ box out of his kennel for a week or so. just covered up the above ground kennel at night has worked so far
Home Of:
GRPCH Platts Rowdy Molly Bell
GRHBCH Halfway Frenchmans Mazie
Platts Princess Missy Wine
The up and comeing:
Platts Halfway Trails Briar Buster
Platts DT Striker Jr

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

I will give that a try. I cleaned there pens and houses again today and it seems to be not as bad as it was i guess the space is getting tighter as they grow in there houses.
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

TC

Post by TC »

Donnie
we have had the Same type of problem in the past.
ONE thing that has worked for us is to Swab the box out real good with bleach or we use odoban helps disinfect and also removes the Smell.. Seems if they cannot Smell where they have been going they seem to go Someplace else...
ALSo We Usually try to get them to go to One area in the runs to do their thing we will actually Move their crap from the box to an area we want them to go when they are young like that seems to teach them where they can go and where they caint....
Aint PUPS a Blast LOL
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

PLATEAUBEAGLER

Post by PLATEAUBEAGLER »

TC they have been doing better, and yeah i have been odoban and bleaching heavy lately and i think that has help out most.
i have raised several of them rascals and just when ya think ya got it down to a tee, they throw you a curve. lol
Maybe one day.
I will post some pics when the floods quit, they are some really nice looking pups,i'm really proud of them blue ticks and tri's. I hope to run another litter off when she comes back in again if these pups does as good as they are acting and looking. There 10 wks now and i took them to my pen the other day and them nose's was stuck to the ground and them tails whipping, tried to get a sight chase up but couldn't get them close enough. I may have to turn a tame one out in front of them next time out.

Thanks
donnie1462@hotmail.com
My boys

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

I have one that will crap and pee in the dog house when you put bedding in it unless I box it off so she just has enough room to lay down so when the weather is not cold I have to remove all the bedding and she won't crap in it then.