KY Trainer Needed

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

rollcenter

KY Trainer Needed

Post by rollcenter »

Interested in having 2, possibly 3 pups started.

These pups are less than 3 months old, would like to send them to someone experienced in training of Beagles. Dogs will be used for hunting, not field trials.

Any recomendations on a good training Kennel in the KY area?

Thanks in advance!!

If interested, email me at JBack@tvscable.com

Ravenrunner

Re: KY Trainer Needed

Post by Ravenrunner »

k&a beagles at west liberty

lowell robertson

Post by lowell robertson »

James Helm, south central ky. Trains in the wild. He is very good with pups. 270 378-5937.

mtthwvn73

Post by mtthwvn73 »

Mike Klaiber, he is in southern Ohio if your in the NE part of Kentucky. He has a good running pen and seems to do a pretty good job. I took my first beagle to him to get started...and she was running rabbits when i came to get her. I hunted with her all last year and have took her out a few times this year, but I think she was really too old to start. She spent the first year of her life in a kennel and was never hunted, so i don't blame him for it.

I think if a young pup was taken to him to get started, I'd say you wouldn't have any problem getting it done. He charged me $50 and told me it didn't matter how long it would take, whenever I got her back she would be running a rabbit. It took about a month, but he got her to do it. I have his number around the house here somewhere if anyone is interested in contacting him.

Matt

Ky. Hunter

Post by Ky. Hunter »

I don't know if you still need a pen or not but Bill Bryant in Versailes, KY and Earl Bruner in Waddy,KY both do a good job. I have had several started at Bill Bryant's pen. I don't have the #'s handy but I can get them if needed.

dwight47

Post by dwight47 »

ky hunter i could use that phone# i have 3 3month pups i will need started

502hunter

Post by 502hunter »

Earl bruner starts pups? If so can i get his number from somebody