Pressure Breaking Dogs

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

19rabbit52

Pressure Breaking Dogs

Post by 19rabbit52 »

I'm thinking about taking a dog to a guy that breaks dogs from running deer using live deer in a pen. Wondering if anybody has tried this and knows how well it works?

NoShowBeagles

Re: Pressure Breaking Dogs

Post by NoShowBeagles »

tried it with hounds, seemed like it made it worse. Only thing better than tritronics is the 55 gallon oil drum method.
NOSHOW BEAGLES
PROGRESSIVE PACK GUNDOGS
KYLE BRAGG
NOSHOW WHITE GIRL
DADDY RABBIT'S TARA
NOSHOW HELLO DARLIN
NOSHOW IM NOT LISA
828-460-1373

Spruce Ridge Beagler

Post by Spruce Ridge Beagler »

There is a guy here im MI that has a hard core deer runner, really sucks them in.
I have used Jim Whale in Merril MI with the live deer with some success. 989-543-5127
Most people consider "pressure broke" to mean when a dog will pull out when other dogs are running deer.
SUCCESS- When preparation and opportunity cross paths!

19rabbit52

Post by 19rabbit52 »

Jim is the one I was thinking about taking my male to. He is occasionally silent trailing deer(caught him doing it twice in June). To me this means he knows if he opens on deer he is going to get shocked. Plus 2 taste of E collar when silent running. Just thought it might be a good idea to take to Jim, he recommended waiting for cooler weather that we now have.

warddog

Post by warddog »

19rabbit52 wrote:Jim is the one I was thinking about taking my male to. He is occasionally silent trailing deer(caught him doing it twice in June). To me this means he knows if he opens on deer he is going to get shocked. Plus 2 taste of E collar when silent running. Just thought it might be a good idea to take to Jim, he recommended waiting for cooler weather that we now have.
I had a real nice bluetick coonhound years ago that was so smart he learned to keep his mouth shut when he was running his favorite( grey fox). I tried everything on him to break him off of them to NO avail. Man what a smart coon dog if he didn't hit a grey fox first. He didn't care if the shock collar was off or on the would go hunting and get treed somewhere, unless he hit a fox track and then it was going home without him and someone calling me a day or two later with him laying at their place. of course this was before the GPS systems available now and even before I could afford the ole beeper tracking collars. This dog NEVER did get broke!