SHOCK COLLAR???? WHAT TO BUY

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

boomer72

SHOCK COLLAR???? WHAT TO BUY

Post by boomer72 »

im just startin out and need to know what collar and what age to start him on it?

beagleman23

Re: SHOCK COLLAR???? WHAT TO BUY

Post by beagleman23 »

Tri tronics trashbreaker. 6 or 7 months old after hes started on some bunnies

Combs Beagles

Post by Combs Beagles »

Any of the Tritronics are good the 70, 90, trashbreaker and upland are all great choices.

IMO...Its not what age but its after you have trained the dog to understand the meaning of "NO" or "STOP" meaning (do not do that!)......Also the "HERE" command. For me....a shock means "Stop it" and a tone means come here. But again, the e-collar is for only reinforcing what the dog should already know. I have seen this on 4 month olds and sometimes on 1 yr olds.....according to what level of training they are at and how much they have been worked with.

drcbeagle

Post by drcbeagle »

i have sportdog 3225 2 months ago never had one before real easy to use i sure like it

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

If you want to pay for every repair needed with poor customer service go with Tri-Tronics!!

If you want Great Customer service that backs their product because it is A GOOD PRODUCT go with Sportdog!! :nod:

Sportdog 3225 that is my next purchase of collars, right now im using dogtra and i like it but i want the new sportdog 3225
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

i got a g2 have had for 5 yrs
no problems run 3 or more times a week
charge once a month seems like
wont buy anything else
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

steveh

Post by steveh »

I have an older trashbreaker ultra, loved it. just bought a new trashbreaker and its nice. Really should have went with the garmin ultra, all good collars but that garmin is a great system.

Househounds

Post by Househounds »

Sport Dog. Great products and great customer service. Had a collar for 6 years. A pin on the charging connector broke, and even though it was 5 years old they replaced it with a new one for $45 dollars (normally a $130 collar). Life time warranty agreement. Also said because I was a SD customer they would give me a discount on any of there other products. :nod:
[img]http://media5000.dropshots.com/pho ... .jpg[/img]
2016-7th Annual MLK Day Rabbit Hunting Extravaganza

Rcoff

Post by Rcoff »

I have Tritronics, no problems. To repair a collar it is 75 bucks. I inquired a little deeper and found out they can not take them apart, so you get a brand new one at half price plus shipping. Not a bad deal when you see guys selling used ones on here for 85 bucks or more.
Thanks,
Bob
:loser: Coffmans Dougie Macrae at Stud (HOF Happyrun Calico Clem)
Coffmans Rabbit Ridge Hit Man (IFC Kickaz X South Woods Marley)

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

I've got a sportdog system. Love it. Everyone I've talked to where I live say they are the best on the market right now and I believe it.