Pup is barking for no reason on checks

From weaning to retirement, this forum covers all aspects of behavior and training; from basic commands to advance field training. Ask questions, or share your experiences and techniques.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

LPFSTheFett

Pup is barking for no reason on checks

Post by LPFSTheFett »

I have a 6mo old female that I started working with about a month ago. I would just take her out with me and my other two dogs and if she ran with them great, if not that was fine too. Well after a few trips she turned into a little hunting machine and packed up great. I was sure it was only metooing but I took her out by herself to see what she would do and she jumped her own rabbit and ran it 150 yards to a hole. There was some extra bark, but nothing too bad for a young dog.

So to the problem with the other dogs she barks constantly. When she loses the other dogs or on a check. I put her with my other female just so I could slow the pace down a little and watch her. She was just wrecking the chases. My female could barely keep the rabbit going because of this pup. Ended up sticking the pup back in the box and let my female solo the rest of the evening.(quite well I may add lol)

How long do you give this? I really like this dogs hunt and overall desire. But she is a train wreck once the chase is going. Any tips/advise?

Thanks!

littlewoody

Re: Pup is barking for no reason on checks

Post by littlewoody »

Solo her .
TheJohnBirchSociety

hlane

Re: Pup is barking for no reason on checks

Post by hlane »

littlewoody wrote:Solo her .
+1- OR YOU WILL RUIN HER!
Hammer Lane Kennels