Above Ground Kennel Pictures Please......

Share kenneling tips, kennel construction, running and starting pen construction, suggested materials, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

xdawg

Above Ground Kennel Pictures Please......

Post by xdawg »

Please email all pictures and discriptions of your above ground kennels to xdawgkennels@yahoo.com

thanks,
jack
Check Us Out Online @
http://www.xdawgbeagles.com

Need A Website? $8/Month
http://www.beagletown.com

keith2210

Post by keith2210 »

I just built these pens out of the wood that i had laying around. It is 6 feet wide by 8 feet long and divided into 2 runs that are 3x8. If i were to do it over again i wouldnt have as much pitch to the roof and made the roof extend all the way over my barrels. rite now the doors swing up and latch to the fence. im going to change that so both doors swing to the outside. i also sealed the wood with thompson's water sealer. the floorboards are spaced about an inch apart. i have only had to push waste through the cracks twice. I have bolts through everyone of the posts. I would also have done the floor different. I would have got the 12 foot boards and cut them in half and have one board go the entire width of the board. then run a 2x4 the length of the pen down the middle of the pen so that it is on top of the floor boards. the way i did it this time i had two 2x4's under the floor in the middle screwed together that ran the length of the pen. i then put another 2x4 rite in the middle on top of these 2x4's for the wire to attatch to. The wire is 2x4 welded and galvanized 14 gauge. I cant describe how i would have done the floor on here very well but here is a picture of illinios boy 2's pens and if i were to do it over i would make my floor like his. hope u can see it........

the bottom pic is of the floor.....hope this helps you some...keith