Septic system plans???

Share kenneling tips, kennel construction, running and starting pen construction, suggested materials, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

TOUCHSTONE

Septic system plans???

Post by TOUCHSTONE »

Anyone have septic system plans? Will be building a kennel this spring and wondered if anyone recomends a plan for the septic system.
STRUCTURE - THE WINNING EDGE!

wright boy

Post by wright boy »

Touchstone

I use 350 gallon totes for mine. I drilled a lot of holes on the bottom and halfway up all four sides. The hole has about a foot of tire chips on the bottom, I sat the tote in and filled the sides over the holes with the same thing. My pipe runs into it near the top. I fitted a pipe that comes above the ground with a cap on it in case it ever fills(doubt it very seriously though), It can be cleaned the same way a residential tank is cleaned out. Iv`e been using it for 3 years now with 5-13 dogs with no trouble at all. I`m building another one right now. I`ll take some pics soon and post if you would like to see them. it takes a big hole, I used a backhoe.
Wright boy

bunnyjumper

Post by bunnyjumper »

A septic for dogs can be constructed the same way as a home system, just dont need to be as big. It all depends on just how elaborate you want to get. The first thing you have to know is what type of soil you have. Clay soil will not drain very good, sand will, and bank gravel will. What I would suggest is you put in a small holding tank, this will hold the solids and let them decompose. Off of that you will want to go into some sort of leach line or small filter bed, dont have to be very big, depending on your soil. Just put a tee on the end of your tank so the solids cant carry over. If your soil is compatable you could proubably just get away with a small dry well. If I can be of any help just let me know, I install septic systems all the time.