Dave Martin's Kennels (pic.'s)

Share kenneling tips, kennel construction, running and starting pen construction, suggested materials, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

houndsound

Dave Martin's Kennels (pic.'s)

Post by houndsound »

Here's some photo's of Dave Martin's kennel up in the UP of Michigan. One of the nicest set ups I've seen. You can't see it up close, but every little detail is done to the highest quality if I remember correctly. Nice work Dave.

wright boy

Post by wright boy »

Very nice. What do you use for heat inside the building. It doesnt get that cold here in SC for that type of set up, but if it did I would go this route! I have a pretty nice set up, my friends often joke that some people dont live as good as my beagles. :oops:
Wright boy

BuschBound

Post by BuschBound »

Wright Boy, I use an electric heater. I normally keep it right around 50 degrees. The building and each kennel house is insulated so it stays pretty warm in the winter and cool in the summer. I'd really like to get water ran out to the kennel someday. I still need to do some finishing touches to the kennel house but for the most part I'm pretty happy with it.

P.S. Thank You! Danny for posting these pics.

Dave Martin

cajunmeadows2

Post by cajunmeadows2 »

Really like the set-up. Just what I am looking to have done. Maybe with a little bigger building so I can put a chair or two in it and get out the house.
Thanks for posting.
Chad

Danny King

Post by Danny King »

What was the runs made out of steel. those are really nice thats how i want to build my next one.

Danny King
Lets Run Em... Hammerdown...Yankee By Birth Rebel By Choice!

BuschBound

Post by BuschBound »

Danny, yes they are made of a 4x8 sheet of 1x1 holed chrusher wire (all steel). I guess this stuff is also used as catwalks as well. In our area there were alot of copper and ore mines and this wire was very easy to obtain after they all closed down. There are alot of guys around here that use it. I guess there are still companies that sell it but I know its expensive. like $100.00 a sheet. I think i got mine used at about $25 a sheet.