DOG DOORS

Share kenneling tips, kennel construction, running and starting pen construction, suggested materials, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bill Mills

DOG DOORS

Post by Bill Mills »

What do most of you who live in the colder climates put on the doghouse hole?if anything?I need something chewproof.ANy suggestions thanks
Bill MIlls

Click on link to view our website
Heat- Em-Up Kennels

TC

Post by TC »

that is the same delima we had, we used car mats, "Chewable" and we have used the conveyor belts "Not as Chewable" but are fairly stiff and if you are placing on a dog door for young puppies, they are to stiff for the little buggers to get in and out. For them I do recommend the commercial doggy door that you can drop the door on em so they can't go out and get to cold at night. But so Far the conveyor belt which is about 1/8th to 1/4th " thick seems to be working, they have only chewed the corners off so far and been on there since September.
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

doggin

Dog doors

Post by doggin »

I make doors from 1/8 " aluminum. I use a spring loaded hinge and regular hinge and put louvers from an old dryer or washer in the middle so there is no condensation inside. They work great. You can also purchase aluminum doors from some of the kennel suppliers. good luck

rvbeagler

Post by rvbeagler »

I also use the Aluminum spring hinge doors. I purchased mine online. But dont buy the first ones u come to. shop around they sell from aprox $50 apiece to $10 for the exact same thing. They are easy to open. My six month old pups were using them like a pro.

Hope this helps

Rory

Spruce Ridge Beagler

Post by Spruce Ridge Beagler »

I use 1/4" plexiglass with the hinges like you would use on glass doors of an entertainment center. Put both hinges high, one on the left ,one on the right and the door swings from the bottom.
SUCCESS- When preparation and opportunity cross paths!

Bill Mills

Post by Bill Mills »

Rory do you remember where you got them online? Thanks.
Bill MIlls

Click on link to view our website
Heat- Em-Up Kennels

crittergitter65

Post by crittergitter65 »

hope this helps out,

http://www.scottsdog.com/kenneldoors.html

I have the medium solid doors on my kennel. the dogs houses are in a building and not airtight,so i don't have to worry about moisture build-up. they work great and the dogs learn how to use them fairly quick.

critter

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Truck mud flaps...
Out at the plant, we have lots of coal trucks the loose their mud flaps going in & out of the coal pile, that's how I first got to using these.
TSC or RualKing also has them for sell, make good rubber flap/cut to size... ;)