What size wire

Share kenneling tips, kennel construction, running and starting pen construction, suggested materials, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

joshua

What size wire

Post by joshua »

What size wire do you put in your floors on above ground kennels?

John Taylor

Post by John Taylor »

I have used 1X2 inch wire for years. Only draw back it doesn't hold up with males. The quality of the wire doesn't seem to be as good as years back. The coated wire should hold up better but expensive. I am trying the plastic mating That is being used by some and I think I'll go that route for my males. I don't know where to get it though. What I have now was given to me from someone who got it in a load of stuff he bought at auction.

John

Rabbit Fever

flooring

Post by Rabbit Fever »

Joshua, I sell poly plastic flooring, it is the best stuff you have ever seen give me a call or send me an email. I will send you some pictures. You will love it. 715-892-0027 ( Rabbit Fever) Tom Caroselli

reddog1

Post by reddog1 »

I use the floor grates from T.E.Scott, it's 1/4" flat galvinized spaced 1" 1/8 apart. I've used it for years and it seems to be easy on the dogs feet.

wvduece

Post by wvduece »

chip e sells some good wireing i seen some a friend of mine baught its coated too he baught 75 foot of it he said it works great too give chip a call jb
.ImageJUST AS JOHN SEES IT

D.J. Wright

Post by D.J. Wright »

I read on the board a while back someone used wire from the rock quarry. I went to my local quary and they had wire they called screening. It is very heavy duty and comes in different sizes I used 1x1 inch. and is approx. 4 foot square and I picked up about 4 sheets they use it for sizing different size stone. Best thing about it the guy didnt charge any thing for it.

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

1.5 X 1.5 Galvanized & rubber coated ... I have some for sale on the equipment for sale forum ;) ...

Buddy

Chain Gang

Post by Chain Gang »

1"X2" Cedar Slats spaced 1" apart works better than ANY wire. I've tried almost every wire known to man, but used the slats on my last above ground kennel. It has been the best for wear, the hounds like it better and I very rarely have a turd in it at all, they all fall through. On wire they hang up and will have to be scraped or beat on to make them fall through. If your dead set on wire just be sure to get coated of some kind so they don't rot out so quick from the pee.

Ark

Post by Ark »

Dont try plastic lattice either.

NONE of the mess falls through that stuff. :mad:

Earl Marshall

Post by Earl Marshall »

I also have 1x2 treated slats I think it is easier on there feet.My to sence worth. LOL
Earl Marshall