question on concrete floor?

Share kenneling tips, kennel construction, running and starting pen construction, suggested materials, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

cojax

question on concrete floor?

Post by cojax »

i have my hounds on a concrete pad and it seems to me like they are more wormie being on the concrete. i clean up after them everyday and hose down the area and they still seem like they get worms. when i had them off the ground i would worm them every month and might see on occasionally has any one else expierenced this thanks jim

PREACHERS,KENNEL

Re: question on concrete floor?

Post by PREACHERS,KENNEL »

NEVER had a problem on concrete , do you bleach once a month? i did bleach and pine sol..

2500 HD

Post by 2500 HD »

I know if you pour concrete you'll find out how much your dog poops!!!!!!

dave g

Post by dave g »

also when you hose it down everyday it keeps it a moist area for the little nastis to live in. when i had concrete i only hosed down when it really needed it. as long as you have good solid waste and the dogs dont step in it you should be fine not rinsing everyday. bleach is good too.

later, dave

butch 58

Post by butch 58 »

i keep mine up on wire with a strip of mining belt for them to walk on works fine i use crolene to scrub them out leaves a clean smell and kills all the germs

bill huttozac

Post by bill huttozac »

I do not think that concrete flooring in a kennel run is more condusive to worm infestation that any other surface. Truth of the matter is that dogs are like hogs and cattle, they are worm magnets. A good deworming medication used on a regular basis is your best cure for the problem. My hounds are on concrete and are dewormed each month. I do not wait until I see worms in the stools.