Odor Control

Share kenneling tips, kennel construction, running and starting pen construction, suggested materials, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Jordan Shaffer

Odor Control

Post by Jordan Shaffer »

A friend of mine told me about Odoban, you can get it at Sam's Club. One gallon with a spray bottle cost $10 and it make over 30 gallons. This stuff is great for odor control. I have a heated kennel with a concrete floor, I spray odoban all over after I spray down and it smells great and it eliminates all odors. It also kills 99.99% of germs, I spray in the welping boxes to clean them out. Just wanted to share this with you all incase you wanted to try it.

Here is a lInk http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/naviga ... tem=174030

TC

Re: Odor Control

Post by TC »

Jordan Shaffer wrote:A friend of mine told me about Odoban, you can get it at Sam's Club. One gallon with a spray bottle cost $10 and it make over 30 gallons. This stuff is great for odor control. I have a heated kennel with a concrete floor, I spray odoban all over after I spray down and it smells great and it eliminates all odors. It also kills 99.99% of germs, I spray in the welping boxes to clean them out. Just wanted to share this with you all incase you wanted to try it.

Here is a lInk http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/naviga ... tem=174030
I have to agree it is awesome stuff... It is supposed to kill distemper at full strength and I can attest it sure does knock out male dog pee smell. We have a couple of males that have a peeing contest through each other's kennel and of course it isn't out side either it is always on the inside of the dog house... GAG, squirt down with this stuff let sit 10 min rinse off and let dry no smell. Your kennel sounds like it is set up like ours...
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Jordan Shaffer

Post by Jordan Shaffer »

Got to hate those peeing contest!!!......LOL. I have males that do the same thing. I love my heated kennel but the heat warms up the smell, and until I started using this stuff last week it was driving me crazy with the smell.

ddetar00

Post by ddetar00 »

I use the odo ban in my kennels as well... although not completely enclosed ( some day )... but when I rake up loose straw and general meaintenance og the pea gravel... I spray the fence line, sides of kennel boxes (three males all marking the same spots) as well as coat the pea gravel... let it dry and no more odor...

I figure it should kill all germs and such that are released into the gravel... has worked real well for me.

"Detar's HunkerDown Hounds"
Hunter / Chase / Twister

hogbody

Post by hogbody »

Thanks for the tip. I picked up a jug at Home Depot. I have always used bleach but bleach is very caustic. At what ratio do you all mix the Odoban?
I live back in the woods you see, my woman and the kids and the dogs and me.

ddetar00

Post by ddetar00 »

I mix mine 3(water) to 1 ...

"Detar's HunkerDown Hounds"
Hunter / Chase / Twister

Jordan Shaffer

Post by Jordan Shaffer »

I believe there is a mixture ratio on the jug, I mix mine pretty strong, seems to work better. Sorry for the delay in a response, I just havent checked the kennel forum for a while.

Rockdog

Post by Rockdog »

OK,I don't have easy access to either Sam's or the Depot. Is there any place I can order Odoban?

Jordan Shaffer

Post by Jordan Shaffer »

Here is a link on where to buy, looks like you can buy it online, http://www.odoban.com/where-to-buy.php

Rockdog

Post by Rockdog »

:cool: