above ground kennel size

Share kenneling tips, kennel construction, running and starting pen construction, suggested materials, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

jlboomer

above ground kennel size

Post by jlboomer »

just curious what size most of you guys go with and what you think is to small. what brings this ? up is i was visiting a kennel where the lots where 30"x5' i thought that was small but he said his dogs done well and they got ran twice a week curious what everyone else thinks
J&M Beagles, Breeding for a true gundog and hunting partner

Joeyman

Re: above ground kennel size

Post by Joeyman »

i like my runs 4ft wide. i got one that is 4-1/2ft wide with a 10ft run and a 2foot house for a total of 12foot long.......lol

i got a double decker that is 4ftwide 10ft long run and a ramp that goes upstairs. with a nice house for them to sleep in.

the bigger the better IMO
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

sammiller03

Post by sammiller03 »

i like 4x8 its a nice easy size to build and 8 foot lumber is always cheeper..most materiats come in sizes that you dont have to do as much cutting with 4x8..

sam
Millers Old Line Kennel
Grantsville, Md.

DoubleEagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

Yeah 4 x 8 seems to be a good size. Probably more room than the dogs really need but it makes it alot easier when you are drawing it up and figuring how much wood you'll need.
As for the box on the back I build those 4 foot wide as well then put a piece of plywood in on the side away from the door. That gives you a 1 foot wide space on one side for storage and to put a heat lamp in during the winter.