My new above ground kennel set up

Share kenneling tips, kennel construction, running and starting pen construction, suggested materials, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

ironjawdawgs

My new above ground kennel set up

Post by ironjawdawgs »

This is my red-neck, hillbilly kennel set up. It's pretty plain and simple but does the job well. From end to end it's 60' long with 8 different kennels all lined up together on an old 18th hundred brick road that runs through the back of my parents back yard. They are a couple different styles of kennels you'll see. The one you can't see to well on the far end in the third picture is a 4x8 whelper kennel. The last two feet on the back has decking boards. The boxes are 2' wide 4' long by 2' high. The rest are 3' x 5' with a plastic drum cut in half with a plywood bottom on stilts chained to the back of them. The next is a one kennel set up with five kennels total. The others are doubles for easy relocation set up. They are five doubles making ten kennels in total. The last one is just a single Seneca Kennel. I have four other ground kennels that are on concrete that are 4x8. By far I love my above ground kennels much much much better.

All the kennels together
The first half looking back towards the start of them.
The last half of them looking towards the end of them.
Hope you all enjoy lookin at them.
Elliott