Kennels in side

Share kenneling tips, kennel construction, running and starting pen construction, suggested materials, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

sbadger

Kennels in side

Post by sbadger »

Has any one have there kennels in side ,like a barn or garage I have a 1 car garage and it has concrete floor and I have boxes already build up off the ground would like some in put
Kettle Creek Kennel in Memory of Paige Nicole Badger 11/27/93 to 11/7/10

BuschBound

Re: Kennels in side

Post by BuschBound »

I've got my pens built off the back of the garage. works great. the runs go out side on a slab of concrete but they are off the ground. works great for cleaning... I wouldn't suggest to have the whole kennel inside runs and all. dogs need sunlight. I kept a young pup in a garage for some time and he started to get bowed legs.. Caught it quick enough and they straightened right out but if you run enough I'd say this would work. I do have a whelping box with a run inside the garage and it seems to work well.
Dave Martin- (906) 285-1740

sbadger

Post by sbadger »

Thats what I was wandering about having them in side I think it is good for them to get in the sun just like we are even if its cold the sun seems to make thing feel better

tenntreedog

Post by tenntreedog »

My hunting partner has all his kennels inside but he gets his dogs out often.I have seen no ill effects from it.He also uses half of it as a boarding kennel if he gets several dogs to board he moves some of his to outside runs.

sbadger

Post by sbadger »

Can you get a pic of his kennel Thanks

tenntreedog

Post by tenntreedog »

I`ll try to get some pics of his kennel over the holiday weekend.Image
His runs are abot 5x8 there is a trough down the middle that leads to drain & septic12 runs 6 on each side one side has dog houses out sie of runs the other side has houses in the runs walk way on out side of runs every thing is enclosed building is about 25x40 hope this helps

upstatenybeagler

Post by upstatenybeagler »

Im starting my build this month (once snow is all gone) and i have a small barn being made. the dogs will have above ground runs off the side of the barn with a doggy door that goes inside the barn into dog boxes. there is also going to be a heater, water, elec, and a septic system setup below the runs. the barn gives extra protection against the rough winters up here in NY, and having the runs outside they get sunlight whenever they want.
*IFC Beavercreek's Kickaz*
Drum Runner's PB Blaster
Drum Runner's Twisted Tank
Drum Runner's Sniper
Drum Runner's Savage
Drum Runner's Little Kickaz
Drum Runner's NEK Digger
Drum Runner's NEK Jack-Off

Panther Creek

Post by Panther Creek »

I have mine on the east side of my shed. The dog houses are under a carport with the covered runs out to the east.They get morning sun, and they're shaded from the hot afternoon summer sun. I have tin on the north side in the winter to block the north wind, & I take the tin down in the summer to let the south breeze through in the summer.
Panther Creek Beagles
Be faithful unto death, and I will give you a crown of life. Rev. 2:10