Were to put kennel ?

Share kenneling tips, kennel construction, running and starting pen construction, suggested materials, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mossyoak660

Were to put kennel ?

Post by mossyoak660 »

Well for the last 3 years i had my ground kennel about 50 feet to the right of my front door. Whenever someone came home or left you could see them or they could see you. And also anything done out in the yard they always watch and wander what your doing lol. Anyway im thinking of moving there kennel (Because wife wants yard to herself lol). Im was thinking of putting it on the other side of the house behind my barn. The only problem is they would only see me or kids or people when we feed them or cleaning there cage. Do any of you guys have your dogs in a area in your yard were they are hidden from people? And does it cause ant issues with them? I know i would go crazy lol . Maybe ill put the wife out there!

mybeagles

Re: Were to put kennel ?

Post by mybeagles »

I have mine on the back of my 3 Acres in the tree line so they can get some shade in the summer. I feed twice a day, and run 4-5 times a week. I like it where they are at. No smells around the house. Little or no kennel barking, and if they do bark, they are far enough away not to bother anyone.

If pups get handled, fed, watered, exercised, and have a warm comfortable kennel I dont think you have much to worry about. If they only get out of the kennel a couple times a month, being kept behind a barn in seclusion might cause some timid behavior.

Mybeagles
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly