Food bowls / feeders

Share kenneling tips, kennel construction, running and starting pen construction, suggested materials, etc.

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

2500 HD

Food bowls / feeders

Post by 2500 HD »

Got a question For everyone with above ground kennels.

What do you use to put your dog food in that keeps them from dumping their expensive dog food on the ground? Dogs that get dancing around at feeding time, or step on the side of the bowl and flip their bowl. I like the above ground kennels except seeing dog food on the ground with the waste. Anyone make a feeder of have any ideas to stop the spilling? Thanks Ken

Black Rock Kennels

Re: Food bowls / feeders

Post by Black Rock Kennels »

Was thinking of bringing all my pens above ground an thought about using the stainless steel type food bowl with the hanging bracket/holder that the bowl sits in. Looks to me like it would keep from getting turned over an keep my males from pi$$ing in them. Seen them in several pet supply magizines like jeffers
Home of Black Rock Kennels
LPRCH Powerhouse's Sarge

koolhandrob

Post by koolhandrob »

I sell these for $7.50 plus shipping

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I'm like you, can''t stand to see feed wasted.
We open the lid(door)on the house and feed in the dogbox. I don't leave feed pans in the kennel, so whether you feed dry, pour it on the floor...or wet, feed in pan, I just sit it in the dogbox and remove in 5 minutes when their finished. Gives you a chance to change out water bucket and rake any dropping that haven't fallen through the flooring without getting a hound in your face. ;)

les guynn

Post by les guynn »

I use the stainles steel bowls in my above ground kennel , I just nock a hole in bottom and use coated try wall screw in a piece of board, secured in the pen. no problems so far

Dan440

Post by Dan440 »

Tractor supply sells a black plastic try it has two bowls in it, one side for water, an one for food. I just hang them from the wire on the side of the kennel. Works great an only about 5 bucks.
LIVE ACTION KENNELS
FCGD MAUCH ONE MILI
FCGD DAGO VALLEY BULLET
FCGD STARS N STRIPES JR.
FCGD LIVE ACTION MILI'S MAYHEM
FCGD LIVE ACTION RANGER MCDANIELS
FCGD LIVE ACTION ALL DAY ABBEY

kybuckhunter

Post by kybuckhunter »

koolhandrob wrote:I sell these for $7.50 plus shipping

where you get that flooring at ?

HS Run

Post by HS Run »

kybuckhunter,
I've got the same flooring and got it from a place called farmtec.it is about $20 for a 2x4 piece.They just lock together .I really like it .When i called to order mine the shipping is expensive.I complain about the price of shippping ,told them i was'nt going to pay that much,so they knocked $20 off which was like getting a piece for free.Just something to think about if you decide to order some.

kybuckhunter

Post by kybuckhunter »

HS Run wrote:kybuckhunter,
I've got the same flooring and got it from a place called farmtec.it is about $20 for a 2x4 piece.They just lock together .I really like it .When i called to order mine the shipping is expensive.I complain about the price of shippping ,told them i was'nt going to pay that much,so they knocked $20 off which was like getting a piece for free.Just something to think about if you decide to order some.
Thanks I really like the idea and style of flooring.

mtnwaykennel

Post by mtnwaykennel »

I will post some pics of flooring almost the same as that .. that you can get for free or almost free.

I will post them later tonight if I can find them.

Bill Woods
276-698-0775. Holla at me!
We still doin' it the MtnWay!

HAREHOUND

Post by HAREHOUND »

here is what i use. just keep in mind that just because it is a self feeder does not mean that you have to fill it up. i feed my dogs daily but can add more if need be. keeps food high and dry with little waste.

bluemouse

Post by bluemouse »

Cut a 5 gallon bucket down to about six inches and set your bowl in bucket. Attach first bucket to the kennel wire.

2500 HD

Post by 2500 HD »

This is what I came up with. Feeder from TSC mounted on a spring loaded hinge. I cut the wire for the sides of the feeder and left the middle section of wire lower as a stop for the bowl to tip in and out. I drilled two small holes in the corners to alow any water to drain out. Let me know what you think.

Lone Pine Beagles

Post by Lone Pine Beagles »

Ken,

The best thing i've found for pups is a conical bowl, stainless.
Looks like a stubby volcano!

;)

dustin hurley

Post by dustin hurley »

i use coal mineing bit buctet for water and cut them into foe feeders